Friday, February 17, 2012

A Moving Experience A Realtors Confession

A Moving Experience A Realtors Confession


For those of you that know me, know that I have been selling and marketing real estate for the past 24 years.    I love helping folks move into or from their homes.     I feel that I am an empathetic person with a good ear and heart. 
 
Moving
For my Sellers, the process begins as I hire a professional Stager to come in and help them get their home ready for market.   We all know that we don't present a home for market like we actually live in it.   Once we are ready to go, it's showtime and the showings begin.         Those photos have to be perfect, the home has to be ready, and once we secure a buyer they have to be ready to move when that closing date comes.... and so the tale begins.

Be it ever so humble

Humble pie that is......   

For the first time in those 24 years, this Realtor has decided to make a move.    Moving within the area no less, but moving just the same.   I have always held the opinion that moving across town is the same as moving out of state.    That opinion is for the moving process, not the rest of the stuff that goes with it... 
never the less...it's  time to make my move.
I have been packing and cleaning and lifting and making trips to the goodwill for days now.   Where did all this stuff come from??    It seems never ending and certainly overwhelming!

My Confession!

When I think of all those times that one of my Sellers balked at the Stager coming in and changing their home around and I nodded understandingly... NOW, I Really Get IT!

When I think of all those times that one of my Sellers didn't want to show the house one day because it wasn't show ready and I encouraged them to show it anyway....    Now I UNDERSTAND!

When I think of all those times that one of my Sellers was crying because the moving process was stressful and I gave them a hug... NOW, I UNDERSTAND!

When I think of all those times that one of my Sellers needed more boxes and I thought to myself, wow, where did all that stuff come from as I brought them more boxes... NOW, I GET IT!

When I think of all those times that one of my Sellers couldn't get out fast enough as I picked up a broom and helped them sweep...   NOW, I REALLY UNDERSTAND!

When I think of all those times that one of my Sellers needed to take a day off from getting ready to move and I encouraged them to forge on ....   HELLO????

And, Last but not least, when I think of all those times, when a Seller told me how emotional it was to leave their memories behind and I said I understood....  But really didn't.  I Confess, I DO NOW!

Will this Moving Experience Make Me a Better Realtor?

Honestly the answer is no.    I will always do my job to the best of my ability.     What this moving experience will do though, is make me have a better understanding of how difficult the process is no matter the reason for the move.     I can know from experience how hard it is to pack box after box and take trip after trip to the transfer station.   I can know from experience how hard it is to have every inch of that home sparkle for the new resident.      I will encourage folks at any age if they financially can to hire a professional mover and cleaner.  

And last, but not least

My thoughts on closing gifts have shifted.     I am now thinking a gift certificate for a massage might be just the ticket!


Just because I am moving doesn't mean I don't have time for you!   ( In fact, give me any reason to get away from the packing! ) 

Please give me a call to start your home search or to learn about how we would market your home for sale!      Just call 508-494-9061 or send an email to Cal @alandcal.com


Carol-Ann Palmieri
Al and Cal Realty Group


508-494-9061

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I second the good luck. I will also miss the memories of your home. Family parties, girl night out and kayaking adventures have all taken place at your PLACE!

      You don't give yourself enough credit though. You have always been sympathetic and understanding, but you also have been encouraging and motivating as you know how to get the job done!

      Delete