Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Okay......So, I'll admit it... I'm addicted!

to TV home shows that is....

I was out with a friend / Realtor today.  Her opinion was that Home TV shows have changed the way Buyers view real estate.   I have to admit that I agree.    We've all seen the designed to sell or fixing things on a dime shows.   I love them!   I love the way they can transform a home for a few dollars and get the place ready to sell or to make it look fab!......but, ....look again, is the change realistic for living?     or does it just look great?   

These days we have come to expect perfection...

Why not?   

Well, it could just might be that perfection is just not real world.... it's media world....

The reality is that there is always something left to do in a home.. regardless of price..... the expectation of perfect is unrealistic and breeds disappointment....

My first client of all time, convinced her husband that if they chose a particular home, he wouldn't have to do anything to fix it up for her......  several months later when i went to visit... the only thing left unchanged was the kitchen counter!

My point ....  you will always put your personal stamp on a home....a homeowner will naturally change things to suit their needs and lifestyle..

Real people live in their homes.....   key word "live".  

Don't let the TV expectation of the "perfect" home stop you from buying your perfect home!  

When looking at the home, go in with eyes wide open... look beyond the current owners lifestyle.....

If the home looks TV perfect... make sure it is real life "liveable"....  don't let that TV expectation seperate you from your "perfect" home!

in the meantime....  i'm tuning in .....    it's fun to watch and they do have some great ideas!!!       Yeap....  I'm addicted......

No comments:

Post a Comment