Saturday, November 10, 2012

Marine Corps Birthday November 10 2012

Marine Corps Birthday November 10 2012

November 10, 2012 marks the 237th "birthday" of the United States Marine Corps.   Marines all over the world will take time out to celebrate this event with ceremonies, balls and the like.

It is no surprise to anyone that  has been reading my blogs for sometime that I am a proud former member of the United States Marine Corps.     usmc

But, what you might not know is that I have been a Marine since I was born.   Yes, my Dad, Armando Palmieri was a Marine during WWII and also the Korean Conflict.    (P.S. If you click that link it will bring you to a really cool story. )    I was born shortly after that.

As a child I remember hearing the Marine Corps Hymn long before I remember hearing Mary had a Little Lamb.

Who the hell knows what my first words actually were!!    I laugh loudly at that.   I also feel an immense bit of pride at the thought of, instead of hearing nursery rhymes, hearing and feeling the esprit de corps that was to run through my veins for years.   I most certainly was a Marine before they actually pinned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on my lapel!

Today... November 10... is the day that all Marines know to be the birthday of their Corps.   It is the day when they give to each other that knowing nod, and you might hear those that know them say,

Semper Fi... Happy Birthday Marine.    

The history of the Marine Corps
is important to us all, not just to those that have served, but for those that appreciate the freedoms that the United States has to offer. 

We can never really know the sacrifices of those who have served, but we can appreciate that which we know.   


Semper Fi Marines.



 
Carol-Ann Palmieri
Al and Cal Realty Group


508-494-9061

1 comment: